Thursday 19 May 2011

Mary Pickford, D.W. Griffith, and “The New York Hat” (1912)


I have the remarkable privilege of spending a great deal of my time just a hop away from the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto. (Don’t worry Film Forum… you’ll always have my heart.) Just 3 bucks and a few streetcar stops brings me to one of the more remarkable film venues I’ve ever had the privilege of visiting. The physical space is stunning… not quite a movie palace of yore, but grand nonetheless. Of course, the real draw is the top notch programming. From debuts to special events and lectures, TIFF offers a wealth of movie going pleasures. So it was I found myself at the Bell Lightbox on a rainy Saturday morning for a lecture and screening event, Mary Pickford: From Actress to Icon. Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment